[Box Backup] Suggested change in behaviour

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:53:38 +0100

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 15:09, Ben Summers wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2004, at 15:02, Richard Eigenmann wrote:
> > You recommend that each mount point should be backed up separately.
>
> I require this!
>
> > However you might find situations where people have mount points
> > further
> > down the tree even if this is not such a good idea.
>
> I must write the code which stops people from doing that.

I have to ask why, because it's not clear to me.

In fact on one of my systems I have directories I would like to backup
but have mounts below them (which I don't necessarily want to backup and
could exclude if that works).

Cheers,

Martin.

PS. I wrote half an email on why I like'd Adrian's description of
setting a 'restore time/date' when Ben's reply came through saying he's
planning that anyhow. So I stopped. This is just a 'me too' for
encouragement. ;)