[Box Backup] BoxBackup as a Windows Service (Cygwin)

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:22:24 -0700

On 9/15/04 10:17 AM, Ben Summers wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2004, at 18:07, Pascal Lalonde wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 12:15, Ben Summers wrote:
>>
>>> On 14 Sep 2004, at 16:08, Pascal Lalonde wrote:
>>>
>>> To avoid it forking, do
>>>
>>>    bbackupd -c /path/to/config/file SINGLEPROCESS
>>>
>>> You must have an absolute reference to the config file, and everything
>>> be in that order.
>>
>> I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but:
>> /usr/local/bin/bbackupd -c /etc/box/bbackupd.conf SINGLEPROCESS
>>
>> starts a forked bbackupd, just as "bbackupd" would.
>> I've tried this on OpenBSD 3.5, with Boxbackup 0.07PLUS3.
>

> Ah, you're right. That should be
>
>   /usr/local/bin/bbackupd /etc/box/bbackupd.conf SINGLEPROCESS
>
> This is only really a debug thing, don't consider this actual
> documentation for it or anything!

I tried this, but was unable to get it to start a service, using the
SINGLEPROCESS thingy.

Has anyone been successful in getting bbackupd to run at boot time, as a
service, or otherwise. Or even at login time. I tried adding it to the
'Run' part of the Windows registry as Ben suggested, but I couldn't get
that to work either.

I would be willing to donate some money to help get a production (or at
least Beta) grade bbackupd running on win32. Anyone else in the same
boat? My user base is largely on Windows machines.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | The Reedtz Corporation | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 415 425 4025