[Box Backup] BoxBackup 0,08 SUSE Linux packages

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:03:51 +0100

On 24 Sep 2004, at 03:23, Chris Smith wrote:

> I've spent this morning and a few hours yesterday altering Martin's
> .spec file and creating specific init scripts for SUSE Linux. These
> RPM's were built and compiled on SUSE Linux 9.0 but included is the
> spec file and custom init scripts which should work from SUSE 8.0 to
> SUSE 9.1, you just need to build them yourself!

Not knowing much about Linux packaging, maybe someone here could
enlighten me. What's the easiest way of including both RedHat and SuSE
style RPM specifications in a single source distribution?

Or maybe, what's the easiest way for me to support the various Linux
variations without having to produce many different distribution files
each time I do a release?