[Box Backup] BoxBackup 0,08 SUSE Linux packages

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:57:49 +0100

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 00:46, Chris Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:37, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> > One question though, from
> > my reading of http://www.suse.de/~mmj/Package-Conventions/ it would
> > appear that there should be some calls to insserv, and that the
> > rcbbackupd etc scripts need to be symlinked by the package. Is this
> > correct or is that out of date?
>
> I read that document but not really at length. But you're right, it looks like
> I've done some things improperly (it works, but it may not upgrade properly
> or something). Would you be able to fix them up?

I don't have access to any SUSE machine, so although I could make the
mods as per the document I'd have no way of testing them and more
importantly, fixing it when it doesn't work.

I suggest you download a source RPM for one of the base SUSE packages
that does something similar and see how they did it. That's likely to be
right then.

Cheers,

Martin.