[Box Backup] More serious Win32 0.9f/RedHat 0.9 trouble...

Gary boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 01:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

Ben,

> investigations until it's known what's at fault. Maybe you could run
> the client locally on the server?

Well, turned out the problem was on the server side. Large file backup
was getting as far as:

Send GetBlockIndexByName(0xf,""big-file.arc"")."
Receive Success(0x0).

... but then network activity was going down to 0, never reaching the
usual:

Send
StoreFile(0xf,0x3f3a04a1f1580,0xf1b594c7e24d49e3,0x0,""big-file.arc"")."

I was also getting "file already contained" error messages from the
bbstored housekeeping process that account check/fix was not
correcting. I finally blew away the whole account, backed up again, and
things went back to normal. I guess this was some kind of account
corruption on the bbstored side (RedHat).

Gary