[Box Backup] More serious Win32 0.9f/RedHat 0.9 trouble...

Gary boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,

> Is this repeatable - i.e. can you setup a store, using the same
> directory structure it happening again.

As far as I can tell - you can just put a couple of 500MB files into a
directory and back it up a few times, while randonly modifying contents
(a TrueCrypt archive is a good way to get statistical randomness). The
problem will show up eventually, I could reproduce it three times in a
row, each time starting up from an empty bbstored account.

I will run the test you mentioned shortly, in the meantime I am
re-testing the Cygwin client to see if the problem is Win32 specific.

Gary