[Box Backup] win32 client varients - PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Jammer boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:23:47 +1200

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:47, Gary wrote:

> > Would someone please be so kind as to mail me a copy of a cygwin
> > bbackupd.exe binary that they have working. Thanks
>
> Sure, attached in a private e-mail.

OK Thanks Gary and Per. I've recieved both your binaries and they behave
the same way as my compiled version :-(

However thanks to a snippet from Gary I've solved my problem. He
mentioned the Windows event viewer so I checked it and saw some
relevant error messages :-)

"SSL error during Load certificates: error 02001002 system
library:fopen: No such file or directory"
followed by three other SSL errors finishing with
"TLSLoadCertificatesFailed (3/25)"

So I checked the bbackupd.conf file and discovered that the paths for
the certificates was "/etc/box/bbackupd"

In my switching from boxwin to cygwin, I had inadvertently put my keys
in "/etc/box" and moving them into the bbackupd folder cured the
problem.

It's also appears to be working nicely on my Win98 machine too so that
solves another issue for me (as the boxwin native binary fails on
Win98).

I'd like to thank both Gary and Per for your suggestions and advice and
am pleased to be able to report success. Much appreciated.

Jeremy