[Box Backup] Available: a couple of EXPERIMENTAL BoxBackup patches.

Gary boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:20:43 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,

> SSL_CTX_set_timeout(mpContext, 86400);

According to the man page:

"Changes of the timeout value do not affect already established
sessions."

Also the following thread on usenet:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mailing.openssl.users/browse_frm/thread/35a3d231b1a93b68/e3aff9664de4e555?q=SSL_CTX_set_timeout&rnum=9&hl=en#e3aff9664de4e555

"The SSL_CTX_set_timeout() function does not do what you want. It sets
the lifetime of an SSL session, which is the period during which you
can reuse the pre-master secret and avoid expensive public key crypto
ops."

It is, however, always a possibility, let me know how it goes. I
decided to go the factual packet traffic route, after considering other
possible network protocol layers' timeout values.

Gary