[Box Backup] Long time since last release....

Leo De Geer boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:49:40 +0200

Where can i get the win32 port im trying to get the cygwin port to work but
i can't get it to work on my computer. Im running all my FreeBSD to one vox
bacup and are trying to get the win xp to do the same.

Regards leo

____________________________________
mobil +46705915987
hem  +464457121

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk] On
Behalf Of Ben Summers
Sent: den 16 augusti 2005 18:44
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Box Backup] Long time since last release....

On 16 Aug 2005, at 17:36, Mikael Syska wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Are the work on BoxBackup towards a new release in the near future,
> and what might we expect of new features? There have been alot of
> suggestions on the list, both good and bad I think! But I cant seen
> to find a list of what we can expect of it in the future...

To be honest, I haven't had much time to work on Box Backup recently.

There is a lot of stuff which has been contributed, including the
Win32 port and a vastly improved diffing algorithm. I think the next
release should wrap all this up, and then the one after will add the
lovely new features.

I am considering using a CVS server on Sourceforge, importing the
latest version, and then inviting the contributers to commit their
changes. I'm not sure what to do about style and quality issues though.

Then if there's enough interest, perhaps the features could be added
as a collaborative effort too?