[Box Backup] Code in SVN -- review notes

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:03:36 +0000

On 30 Nov 2005, at 23:46, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 20:14 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
>> On 29 Nov 2005, at 18:24, Martin Ebourne wrote:
>
>>> It'd be nice to get at least a beta out before xmas. Not sure what
>>> the next steps are. Can we go and merge chromi's & my changes onto
>>> trunk and make it work? I don't think it matters much which order
>>> they are merged in, and I'm happy to do the merging if others like.
>>
>> That would be very useful, thanks.
>
> Cool. I'll merge in my smaller changes (everything except autoconf).
> Then if Jonathan has time to update his either he or I can merge them.
> Then I'll merge the autoconf stuff. Although I don't think it really
> matters if autoconf is merged before diffopt, if I remember right
> there
> was only one or two minor conflicts.

Let's be nice to Jonathan and give him the opportunity to merge
without autoconf.

>> It is the Win32 stuff which bothers me, and needs a quite a bit of
>> time to test out properly. I think we've merged it into a 0.09
>> release now, though?
>
> If we get everything else merged and tested then there's only the
> win32
> stuff left. That should make it less scary for starters. Hopefully
> with
> autoconf some of that will be rather easier anyway, and I can work
> with
> Nick to get it all merged. I don't have any windows machines
> though, so
> I'd need his input for sure.

I'll help out with that as well. I think we may need to reorganise
the code a bit to work well with a cross platform tree, and there's
the big issue of the rather fundamental changes Nick made which may
or may not be appropraite in quite the form they're in right now.
Something to discuss.

Ben