[Box Backup] Box backup and rotating media

Eelco Jepkema boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:34:12 +0100

* Ben Summers <ben@fluffy.co.uk> [2005-12-01 12:10]:
> Locking is only advisory on UNIX. So the only problem is potentially
> backing up files which are being modified at the time. However, lazy
> mode waits for a few hours after the last modification time to avoid
> this issue.

The fileserver is a UNIX server so locking will happen :). However i'm
interested in knowing what happens if (in snapshot mode) Box Backup arrives
at a locked file. Will it send an error to a log? Will I be able to see
which files specifically were not backed up so I can determine wether
further manual action needs to be taken? Or even better, will it send a
report via e-mail after the snapshot was taken?

Best regards,
Eelco Jepkema