[Box Backup] FC4 X86_64 build

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:04:38 +0000

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:58 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
> And remember, you must not EVER EVER EVER check anything in to trunk.
> Only your own personal copy of truck.

Is this going to be a strict policy going forwards?

It made complete sense given all the parallel patches we had before. And
any work which will be checked in in multiple stages and won't be fully
functional in the meantime should definitely be on a branch.

But I don't see any value in having this as a blunt policy. Small fixes
or new small features which are implemented in one go and don't break
things really belong on trunk to start with.

> PS: I'm about to commit some very small changes to make it build
> under Darwin. Just waiting for tests. (But committing to trunk,
> because I feel like breaking my own rules.)

Maybe you just answered my question. :)

Cheers,

Martin.