[Box Backup] Win32 port

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:36:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I'm looking to do whatever I can to help get the win32 port of Box Backup
integrated into the main tree as soon as possible (preferably before
Christmas :-)

I've checked out Nick's tree from SVN, along with 0.08 and the trunk. I
think I've fixed all the line endings and reduced the patch (against
0.08) to a manageable size (a mere 4,700 lines :-).

Now I wonder what you all would like me to do next? I can see three

* check this copy of Nick's tree (which is identical apart from line
   endings) back into SVN under his branch;
* make a copy of his tree as my own branch, and apply my line ending
   changes to that branch;
* apply the patch to a fresh copy of the trunk and try to merge any
   conflicts myself.

I have a working Win32 compiler setup with MinGW which I hope to use to
compile Box Backup and Boxi, but I think it might be a good idea if I take
Nick up on his offer of a copy of VC for testing.