[Box Backup] Problems doing a new install

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:58:36 +0000

On 12 Dec 2005, at 21:48, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a new server, on which I'm trying to install boxbackup.
> I've compiled it on a Fedora Core 4 machine (the client) and the
> server is Debian sarge. Now bbstoreaccounts is complaining about
> the stdc++ lib not being (compiled with) the right version. This
> could very well be, given the fact that I used a parcel to install
> boxbackup.
> Is it possible to compile a static version so I won't have that
> problem? I can't compile it on my server, because there is no
> compiler installed on it....

You can add extra options to the compile and link lines with
arguments to ./configure, for example,

	./configure compile:-I/usr/local/include link:-L/usr/local/lib

So, just work out what options are needed to do what you want, and
include them.

Good luck!

Ben