[Box Backup] RAID recovery?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:13:04 +0000

On 10 Feb 2005, at 13:58, Garry Glendown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Box Backup does it's own RAID (if configured), but I'm wondering -
> does it do recovery too? That is, if a drive fails and is replaced
> with an empty one, will it re-create the (missing) files on the new
> drive to re-enable the RAID set?

I must confess to not having quite gotten around to writing that yet.

At the moment, you would have to move the two working sets aside (so
you could get at the data if you need to restore it) and then bring the
new disc up and restart the backups.

Having said that, it's not a huge job to write the utility...

Ben