[Box Backup] Error 7/30!?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:53:27 +0000

On 10 Feb 2005, at 15:21, Garry Glendown wrote:

> I've had BB running for a while already, storing several different
> machines (mostly Linux, one Sun, couple windows machines). I've just
> compiled BB on an older SuSE server (couldn't use the server-compiled
> version due to older glibc), first tried with the 0.9.6 openssl, got
> 7/30, then tried again after compiling 0.9.7e, same error ... I
> generated a new SSL cert and signed it, didn't help ...
>
> also one thing I've noticed, when signing a key on the server I get
> the info to copy the clientCA.pem to the client - but the client wants
> to have serverCA.pem (tried copying both, trying both under the
> serverCA name on the client, to no avail)

The server needs to know which clients are authorised, and the client
needs to know which servers are authorised.

> Here's the log output:
>
> Feb 10 16:12:22 collector bbstored[8108]: Incoming connection from
> x.x.x.x port 38697 (handling in child 8245)
> Feb 10 16:12:22 collector bbstored[8245]: SSL err during Accept:
> error:140890B2:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate
> returned
> Feb 10 16:12:22 collector bbstored[8245]: in server child, exception
> Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (7/30) -- terminating child
>
> :~ # bbackupquery
> Box Backup Query Tool v0.09, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
> Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
> Connecting to store...
> Exception: Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (7/30)
>
> Any idea what could be going wrong?

Check that the clocks are synced on all the machines involved,
including the signing machine.

7/30 is Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (see ExceptionCodes.txt) and is
most likely because the certificate isn't valid yet. There is a warning
in the docs about this.

Ben