[Box Backup] Exception: Connection Protocol_ObjTooBig (7/42)

Marco Bartholomew boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:04:53 -0500

>>> Ben Summers wrote:
>>> Which version of client and server are you running, and on which
>>> platform? Is there anything in the client logs during a normal backup
>>> run.
>>> Ben
>>
>> On 21 Jan 2005, at 15:59, Marco Bartholomew wrote:
>> I'm running Linux (kernel 2.6.10) and boxbackup 0.9 on both client and
>> server.
>
> Ben Summers wrote:
> 0.09, I take it. If it's 0.9, please send me the source to save me
> writing it.
>
>> Marco wrote:
>> I must confess my ignorance when it comes to client logging.  I just
>> turned on 'extended logging' for the client.  Do I create a
>> '/var/log/box' as I do for the server?
>
> Ben wrote:
> Yes!
>
> Ben

That would indeed be 0.09.  Anyway, I have /var/log/box set up on the
client side, and it works fine when running 'bbackupctl' but doesn't
show anything when I'm running 'bbackupquery compare'  Is that proper
behavior?

However, I did find that I was backing up a 3 gig Mac image file (.dmg)
that I was previously unaware of.  As it was not needed, I removed it,
and now 'bbackupquery "compare -aq" quit' runs without error.
(Boxbackup did note that it was still located in the backup store.)

Thanks much, I have another question regarding 'bbackupquery compare,'
but as it's a different machine and a different error, I'll post it in a
new thread.

Marco