[Box Backup] Size.

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:35:15 +0100

On 29 Jul 2005, at 08:41, Nick Knight wrote:

> If you think about it after a period of time increments will always be
> deleted so you can't get that out of it without looking at the
> space for
> deleted files - which is available on the server and the client.

On the client, bbackupquery can tell you how much space is being used:

   bbackupquery usage

> Not sure about your first question though.

see below...

Files are ordered by being an old version, then by being current but
marked for deletion. The oldest files in the list are deleted first.

>     And a clarification on the Noitfy script. Where it is stated
> that:
> "this script will be called when the Store is full and no more
> files can
> be
> uploaded" Is there any warning before this such as when the
> increments a
> being deleted?
>
> Is it possible to substitute any script for the Notify script? As long
> as
> the script will accept the command line parameters :
>
>             read-error , store-full (Are there any more?)

Yes, any script will do. I didn't put the emailing thing directly
into the daemon so that people could choose other means of
communication and reporting.

Ben