[Box Backup] Exceptions on server (was: (no subject))

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:36:44 +0100

On 3 Jun 2005, at 10:29, Baltasar Cevc wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> tahnk you for the quick answer and sorry for sending mails without
> subjects...
> The server has worked before, I have approx. 11 GB of data in the
> raidfile directories. I did not change anything apart from setting
> the clock. As far as I can trace the problem, it shown up after a
> power failure of the machine running bbstored. (BTW:
> bbstoreaccounts check throws the same exception as the housekeeping).
> What I have done after the failure was to reset the permissions to
> boxbk:users, mode 600 respectively 700 for directories.

I'm not sure why this should suddenly not work, everything looks OK.
I trust you have run fsck on the disc.

Try

1) Delete the write.lock files.

2) Set permissions to 666 and 777.

then run the bbstoreaccounts check on an account.

Is the primary group of the boxbk user "users"? Are you sure there is
only one bbstored process?

Ben