[Box Backup] Re. Bandwidth Limiting.

Scott McNee boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:44:07 +1000

Thanks for that per. I was actually more after what people have already used
successfully.

Thanks.

Scott McNee
ITServices
Lubetech Oil Analysis

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk] On
Behalf Of Per Thomsen
Sent: Wednesday, 29 June 2005 2:20 PM
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Box Backup] Re. Bandwidth Limiting.

On 6/28/05 9:05 PM, Scott McNee wrote:

>What are peoples favourite tools too limit bandwidth with box backup
>(Linux
>2.6) . I was hoping for something that was simple to implement. Preferably
>daemon of some sort. Any help would be great.

After looking around for a bit, I found this: http://tinyurl.com/8k7hw

I haven't done this myself, but I think it should work.

I use a little firewall appliance, that allows for bandwidth limiting
per port.

HTH.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561