[Box Backup] static compilation of boxbackup client.

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:54:45 +0100

On 30 Jun 2005, at 10:51, Jani Mikkonen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> First off, quite impressing piece of software, thanks!
>
> Then my question, are there any instructions on how to build static
> version of the client software ? I have lots of very different
> versions
> of linux running in my environment that it would make sense to compile
> once and deploy it everywhere rather than to compile it with for
> all the
> different versions..
>
> Or would it be nice to actually compile the client binaries allways as
> static, atleast make it an option.

You can add options to the compile and link lines like this:

   ./configure compile:something link:something link:something-else

While I'm not a Linux expert, maybe you'll be lucky and find that

   ./configure link:-static

will do the job?

Ben