[Box Backup] cannot sign account csr

Doug Poland boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:59:33 -0600

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:21:57PM -0800, Per Thomsen wrote:
> On 3/2/05 2:39 PM, Doug Poland wrote:
>
> >So I am stuck.  Did I miss something?
> >

> The steps you're looking for are here:
> http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/client.html

OK, this is the sequence and the pages I was following to setup a server
first:
http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/server.html
  Box Backup server configuration
    Log files
    RAID setup
      Disabling userland RAID
    Server basic setup
    Configuration for hosts behind a NAT device or firewall (N/A for me)
    Get certified...

...Which sends me to here:
http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/accounts.html
  Box backup certificates and accounts
  Set up CA
  Sign a server certificate
  Setting up an account.

This is far as I got:
  /usr/local/bin/bbstoreaccounts create 75AB23C 0 4096M 4505M

So you're telling me that the following section is not necessary?

  Sign this CSR with
  /usr/local/bin/bbstored-certs ca sign 75AB23C-csr.pem

Or does this happen after I follow?
http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/client.html

Thanks for your help.  BTW, is there a searchable mail archive?

--
Regards,
Doug