[Box Backup] mac os x installation

umaxx boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:02:18 +0100

Ben Summers wrote:

> On 11 Mar 2005, at 22:32, umaxx wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have successfully installed boxbackup-server and clients on
>> Openbsd. It works great without problems. Anybody working on a port
>> for this? Maybe I could create one if i have time?.
>> Now I want to install the client on Mac OS X (10.3) and getting in
>> trouble. First I installed gcc2 and gcc3 from x-code packages.
>> Then I set a symlink in /usr/bin:
>>
>> # ln -s gcc3 gcc
>> and
>> # ln -s g++3 g++
>>
>> But the configure script dies on do_test() for g++...
>> I've tried this with gcc2 and g++2 too.
>

> It should just work. I've been developing the last few versions on Mac
> OS X 10.3. Does your compiler work at all? What errors do you get when
> you try and compile something?
>
> Ben

hi!

thx for answering.
oke now it runs - i forgot to install some needed subpackages of
xcode-tools... (there was just gcc installed - nothing else...)

another question:
i'm not so familiar with mac os x - what's the best way to start
bbackupd after reboot?
should i create a startupitem under /Library or /System/Library/?
can somebody post an example for this please?
or is there a better/simplier way to start the daemon?

umaxx

--
www.umaxx.de.vu