[Box Backup] (Un)Deleting Files

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:00:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben and all,

Sorry, a few more questions for you. In the client protocol
(autogen_BackupProtocolClient.cpp) there are three ProtocolObject classes
relating to deleting and undeleting objects:

 	BackupProtocolClientDeleteDirectory
 	BackupProtocolClientUndeleteDirectory
 	BackupProtocolClientDeleteFile

Does this mean it's impossible to undelete files with the current
protocol? Please would you consider adding this feature?

Also, why is there a distinction between files and directories at the
protocol level?

Finally, it seems to be possible to ChangeDirAttributes and
SetReplacementFileAttributes. Can these be used to delete and undelete
objects? It appears that SetReplacementFileAttributes takes an attributes
hash, but I have no idea how to generate this. Also, the distinction
between files and directories (at the protocol level) again mystifies me.
Why are the names inconsistent?

Thanks again for your help,