[Box Backup] Announcement of Boxi 0.0.4

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:51:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I would like to announce the release of Boxi 0.0.4, a graphical user
interface (GUI) for configuring Box Backup clients.

In this version it is now possible to restore files and directories from
the server to the local file system. It is also possible to mark
directories (but not individual files) on the server as deleted, and
to remove the deleted mark.

A number of crashes were also fixed, in particular those caused by
the server throwing exceptions in various places. However, not all
exceptions are caught yet.

Version 0.0.3, which was not announced, marked the separation of the code
into multiple source and header files, to make development quicker and
easier. Also fixed in that release was a bug introduced in 0.0.2 which
prevented browsing of files on the server.

Checks were also added for various essential configuration parameters
missing when trying to connect to the server (but not yet when saving the
configuration).

The code and the user interface are at a very early stage, so please do
comment on and criticise them. Please also let me know if you don't want
to receive further announcements via the Box Backup list, in which case I
will create a dedicated mailing list for the purpose.

You can download the latest version at [http://www.qwirx.com/boxi].

Thank you for your support.