[Box Backup] More serious Win32 0.9f/RedHat 0.9 trouble...

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:55:44 +0100

On 30 Mar 2005, at 21:08, Gary wrote:

> Ben,
>
>> What happens if you run RedHat 9.0 release <=> RedHat 9.0 release?
>
> Unfortunately, can't test this for the moment, would have to build a
> RedHat 9.0 client machine and move gigs of backup data... However,
> Win32 release <=> RedHat 9.0 release works perfectly well, with the
> excetion of the large file "timeout" problem.
>
> Any other suggestions? I'm considering going into the server code
> enabling extended logging in release mode.

Not really -- the Win32 codebase is quite different to the UNIX one at
the moment, so I don't think there's much point in doing any
investigations until it's known what's at fault. Maybe you could run
the client locally on the server?

How large is "large" anyway?

Ben