[Box Backup] Boxi 0.0.6 Released

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 8 May 2005 23:51:07 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

I would like to announce the release of Boxi 0.0.6, a graphical user
interface (GUI) for configuring Box Backup clients.

Changes in this version:

* Server Files panel: hide deleted files and old versions of files on the
   server (see the new "View" menu). Disable Delete/Undelete buttons when
   a file is selected (need a protocol change to make this work for
   files).

* Locations panel: edit and remove backup locations.

* Local Files panel: view include/exclude status and reasons for local
   files.

* Backup Daemon panel: new GUI control panel for the bbackupd daemon.
   Start and stop the daemon, kill it, ask it to sync or reload (with Real
   Buttons(TM)).

* Box Backup: integrated build process with GNU autotools. Fixed "make
   clean" to do what I want (ensure a rebuild next time). Fixed "make" to
   work properly when remaking after a code change. Moved command socket
   handling to a separate class, to make it easier to access from other
   places in the code. Listen for command socket connections and commands
   while a backup is in progress, while sleeping on error, and while
   sleeping on store full.

* Server Connection: new class to encapsulate server interface.

* General: fixed Cygwin (more or less, perhaps less :-). Many thanks to
   Gary for his enthusiasm pushing me to make this happen.

The code is stable, but not all new (or existing!) features work
perfectly. The interface to control Local Files checking on server needs
more work. Some things, like location matching, don't work on Cygwin but
do work on Linux (and possibly other Unixes).

As before, you can download the latest version at [http://www.qwirx.com/boxi].
I am still considering moving the project to SourceForget, as suggested by
Ben Summers. Please let me know if you would find access to the CVS
repository useful.

Thank you for your support.