[Box Backup] Box Backup install on Solaris 10 (SPARC), configure can't find g++

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 23 May 2005 09:50:39 +0100

On 22 May 2005, at 15:59, Nicole Sherburne wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been trying to compile and install Box Backup on
> Solaris 10 for SPARC. I get the package patched fine,
> but configure blows up. It indicates that the g++
> compiler is not installed, but it is and it tests
> fine. Details and the exact error are below. The g++
> executable works and it is in the path, so I'm a bit
> confused as to what the real problem is.

[snip]

> # g++
> g++: no input files
>
> I also tried copying testcommon.cpp to /tmp and
> compiling it. Since the expected library files weren't
> there it blew up, but that at least means the compiler
> is basically working.
>
> It looks like the infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl
> script that is called by the configure script just
> calls g++ directly and assumes it's in the path. It is
> in the path, so I'm a bit confused as to what the real
> problem is. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate advice.
> Thanks in advance for any help!

The first check for a compiler tries to compile this program:

#include <string>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	std::string str;
	str = "Test";
	str += "_test";
}

Could you try compiling it with your installation of g++ and then
running it if it works? Then report what you see, and we'll go from
there.