[Box Backup] How many multi session can Boxbackup handle at same time, on Intel P4 2Ghz and 1Gb ram, approximate?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:22:12 +0000

A couple of things to add...

On 9 Nov 2005, at 21:58, Micael Roxenhall wrote:

> Are there any limits to how many account you can make on Boxbackup?

The 2^31 accounts limit is per server. I challenge you to show me a
server which has so much disc space that this is a problem, unless
you're offering pointlessly tiny accounts on it.

> I read under "planned future work" and you plan to develop "Bandwidth
> throttling with timed limits" have you any ideas when there are any
> beta?

Given that you can do this perfectly adequately with built in stuff
in any decent OS, it's very low on the list.

We need to get the contributed changes in, make the Win32 port nicely
integrated and current, before we can even think of new features.

Ben