[Box Backup] temporarily stop sync

Eelco Leenen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:16:42 +0200

Hello,

The initial backup from the server of our clients can be quite large (> 20
Gb). Since the upstream capacity is limited, we don't want to consume the
bandwidth during normal business hours. What's the best way to achieve a
temporarily stop of the sync ? (let's say from 7:30 am till 0:00 am)

I can see an option in the configuration file 'SyncAllowScript' which should
be able to cover the above. But, since no examples are provided, I don't
have any idea how.

An option could be to kill the daemon and then later restart it again
followed by a sync command. But, imo, this solution is quite nasty.

Thanks !