[Box Backup] confused about warning message

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:08:24 +0100

On 13 Oct 2005, at 20:01, Alex Howansky wrote:

> I'm getting these emails from one of my backup clients:
>

>> The store account for <client-hostname> is full.
>>
>> =============================
>> FILES ARE NOT BEING BACKED UP
>> =============================
>>
>> Please adjust the limits on account 6 on server <server-hostname>.
>>

> Running "bbackupquery usage" on the client machine gives me this:
>

>>          Used     4309.8Mb  95%
>> **************************************
>>     Old files     1427.9Mb  31% ************
>> Deleted files     1705.2Mb  37% ***************
>>   Directories       12.8Mb   0%
>>    Soft limit     4096.0Mb  90% ************************************
>>    Hard limit     4505.0Mb 100%
>>

> I don't understand why I'm getting these warnings. Shouldn't
> deleted and old
> files automatically be purged to make room for new ones?

It could be that your client is trying to upload more than 200Mb of
data, which takes it over the limit during the session --
housekeeping doesn't work when the store is being written to. Or
there aren't enough old and delete files to be deleted to take it
below the limit.

Ben