[Box Backup] windows client

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:14:54 -0700

On 10/23/05 3:52 PM, João Luís wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to this forum. My name is joao luis, from Portugal.
>
> I've made a test installation of Boxbackup for my company. The server is
> running smoothly, the Linux client is running smoothly, but my Windows
> clients don't.
> I've done the installation, the backup worked OK. But after the portable
> has rebooted, the BoxBackup service doesn't start or when it start it
> will die...
> Where can I know what is causing this behaviour? The message box doesn't
> help anything. It says that could be a windows problem, or driver
> problem.

I would start by looking in the event log on the Windows client: Control
Panels -> Administrative tools -> Event Viewer

There should be some information there from the Windows client
(bbackupd), giving you some clue as to what's going on. If you don't see
anything that seems helpful, you might need to set the 'ExtendedLogging'
parameter in the bbackupd.conf file to 'yes'. That will give you more
data about the problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561