[Box Backup] Restoring files / directories

Garry Glendown boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:58:13 +0200

Ben Summers wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2005, at 13:49, Eelco Leenen / Creative Minds wrote:
>> 1) Restoring a directory with all of it's contents (recursive)  works ok,
>> but it won't restore deleted files. This can be done using the '-d'
>> flag,
>> but has to be done a second time and using another destination.  Imo,
>> this
>> is very inconvenient. When I want a full recursive restore of a
>> directory,
>> I would like to restore ALL files at once.
>

> Really? Surely the point of a restore is to retrieve the state of the
> backed up files at the last backup run.

Also, if an option to restore any and all files, including deleted,
files, how do you define which version of the deleted files you want?
The most currently deleted one, the one before that, etc ...

So, personally, a "-a" option as suggested IMHO is pointless in most
cases ...

-gg