[Box Backup] Backup not working after excluding andre-including directory

Eelco Leenen / Paradigit Hoofdkantoor boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:32:53 +0200

In that case I would just create a new dir, exclude this one and move =
all the big stuff in it.

--

Eelco

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk
[mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]Namens Martin Ebourne
Verzonden: donderdag 8 september 2005 12:11
Aan: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Onderwerp: RE: [Box Backup] Backup not working after excluding
andre-including directory

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 12:03 +0200, Eelco Leenen / Paradigit Hoofdkantoor
wrote:
> Only "annoying" thing is that there are 2 different homedirs in the
> store. Maybe I'll use the soft-limit to get them away since this is
> not a practical situation. Maybe (?) it's an idea not to mark files as
> deleted when the dir is excluded in the conf later. In that way,
> temporarely excluding a dir won't result in having this problem. The
> server should just ignore that dir and its contents.=20

That one's difficult, because I can well imagine you'd want to mark the
stuff deleted when excluded. eg. I find a store is using too much space,
realise there's a subdirectory of big stuff I don't want backed up, so
put an exclude in. Then you want the stuff marked deleted.

Cheers,

Martin.