[Box Backup] GUI (like boxi, but another)

Alex Korshunov boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:21:09 +0400

Chris Wilson wrote:

>Sorry, you have to set up Boxi like Box Backup, because it needs the
>same information to work with. It's difficult to avoid that. (The next
>version will allow you to run interactive backups and restores with less
>information configured, and make it easier to configure with a wizard).
>
>You can certainly run Boxi (and Box Backup) as a non-root user. I do all
>the time. Tell Boxi where to find its configuration file (if not
>in /etc/box) by giving it a command line parameter, or File -> Open.
>
>You can also browse and restore files (like bbackupquery) without
>starting bbackupd, so you don't need to set the PID file location, etc.
>
>Cheers, Chris.

Hi, Chris.

Thanks for your help. I try to do what you say, but receive handshake
error.

Apr 12 09:17:59 bkp bbstored[13044]: Certificate CN: BACKUP-38
Apr 12 09:17:59 bkp bbstored[13044]: Connection statistics for
BACKUP-38: IN=32 OUT=32 TOTAL=64
Apr 12 09:17:59 bkp bbstored[13044]: in server child, exception
Connection Protocol_HandshakeFailed (7/48) -- terminating child

Can you tell me - boxi 0.1.0 properly worked with Box Backup version 0.10 ?

--
WBR,
Alex Korshunov