[Box Backup] Errors during compare

Magnus Homann boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:48:07 +0200

Stefan Norlin wrote:
>> What is going on? should I worry?
>
> Please include some details about your installation.
>
> What OS distribution and version are you using for example?

Kubuntu Breezy 5.10, kernel 2.6.12-10

Running bbstored as "User homann".

Anything else?

> Those exceptions are protocol errors
>
> (6/4) - Compress TransformFailed
> (7/42) - Connection Protocol_ObjTooBig

Yes, I found that description too. Not extremely helpful, more than the
file it first errored out on was 80 MB.

I also tried restoring the file with bbackupquery, and got the suprising
result that it had the same size and attributes, but different md5sum:s.
As it was a tar file, I tried 'tar tvf', and that also reported a crc error.

> and it would be interesting to know if you are using one of the
> tested platforms.
>
> http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Test_Results

No. :-=)

Performed a test, and at the end...

.
.
.
Running test bbackupd in release mode...
***********
Your platform supports xattr, but your filesystem does not.
Skipping tests.
***********
Server: ../../bin/bbstored/bbstored testfiles/bbstored.conf
FAILURE: Server didn't save PID file at ../../lib/common/Test.h(135)
FAILURE: Condition [bbstored_pid != -1 && bbstored_pid != 0] failed at
testbbackupd.cpp(426)
FAILED: 2 tests failed
--------
common: PASSED
crypto: PASSED
compress: PASSED
basicserver: PASSED
raidfile: PASSED
backupstore: FAILED: 2 tests failed
backupstorefix: FAILED: 2 tests failed
backupstorepatch: FAILED: 2 tests failed
backupdiff: PASSED
bbackupd: FAILED: 2 tests failed

All failures were of the same kind (PID file).