[Box Backup] Errors during compare

Stefan Norlin boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 20:35:03 +0200

> Better? :-) Kubuntu Breezy 5.10 (latest update)
> Linux crux 2.6.12-10-386 #1 Sat Mar 11 16:13:17 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Still, I have the previously mentioned errors on compare. Of course I
> don't want to deploy the system unless I can verify it's functionality.

Well, so far so good then.

Can you try to uncomment the ExtendedLogging option in
bbackupd.conf and run again?

>From the code the exception 6/4 is thrown when the zlib
functions deflate/inflate return an error code and the ObjectSize
exception would be when a object/packet is received which
exceeds the 16 kB max object size. It would have nothing to
do with the actual size of the file though.

Sounds like some kind of internal problem which is strange
when the tests pass so neatly now.

Since I have not taken part in the actual development I do not
have any further ideas apart from the ExtendedLogging for possible
further hits.

I do understand you do not want to rely on it as long as it cannot
perform the compare successfully.

We run Box on multiple RedHat servers using all kinds of different
versions of RedHat but I never came across that issue.

Stefan