[Box Backup] Connection Failures, Hostname Related?

Mike Bydalek boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:58:38 -0700

Hello.

I've been running into some issues with my Box Backup client as of
late.  Basically, when I try to run a 'bbackupctl -q sync', the logs
generate:

Apr 23 17:48:00 fileserver bbackupd[12950]: Opening connection to server
domain.com...
Apr 23 17:48:00 fileserver bbackupd[12950]: Exception caught (7/15),
reset state and waiting to retry...
Apr 23 17:49:40 fileserver bbackupd[12950]: File statistics: total file
size uploaded 0, bytes already on server 0, encoded size 0

If I try and do a compare, I get the following:

bbackupquery "compare -a" quit
Box Backup Query Tool v0.09, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
Connecting to store...
Handshake with store...
Login to store...
Exception: Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a network issue between
client and server.) (7/34)

Now, one of the things that has changed that I can think of is that we
changed the hostname on the server.  Does Box Backup do hostname
checking against the certificates generated?

If so, then that probably is the problem, but I don't really see a way
to re-generate certificates on the client without generating a new .raw
file (which I think would cause all the old stuff to be lost).

On a side note, I'm still using 0.9, but I'd really like to upgrade to
.10.  Can you just do a straight upgrade, restart the processes and away
you go? Or is there a proper upgrade procedure?  We have some very
sensitive data that *can not* be lost so to be honest, I've been nervous
about upgrading. =P

Thank you in advance.

-Mike