[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Paul Nash boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:12:34 -0400

>installed (3.4.4 cygming special), I have two conflicting definitions of
>struct stat:

I've got whatever the lastest cygwin online install is, with their mingw
package.  g++ -mno-cygwin -E shows the compiler using
/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/include, rather than /usr/include, /usr/include/mingw
or /usr/include/cygwin.

This has a sys/stat.h and sys/types.h that use an int32 for st_size.  I
changed the file to use uint64_t, and all is suddenly well.

It would probably be better to use some sort of #if defined (__MINGW32__)
to use struct _stati64, but that's too much like hard work right now.

I still have to figure out how to reset a protocol stream if I try to
compare a dud file (one with an exclusive lock, for instance), rather than
having bbackupquery just barf on me.

	paul