[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:39:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Gary,

>> When compiling with Visual Studio, which doesn't supply a struct stat of
>> its own, we can just change the emulated struct stat to use a 64-bit file
>> size, and all will be well.
>
> Perhaps this is a good excuse to dump MinGW and standardize VS2K5, so we
> are all running and testing exactly the same thing?

I still haven't found a satisfactory fix for the problem that I simply
cannot build a working redistributable executable with VS2K5. Until I do,
there's no point telling me that I should dump MinGW, because I just
can't. Anyone else is welcome to try building Box with VS2K5 or some other
version and produce redistributables to replace mine.

See also the comments at [http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?postid=261], at
the bottom of the page:

"Also don't forget the license Microsoft requires the [VS2005]
redistributable portion to be under. It is considered to prevent
redistribution with GPL software, and may have other entanglements if you
are using open source components. (For example many people have problems
with Python 2.4 using VC2003 as the Microsoft license is very ambiguous
about who can redistribute it.)"