[Box Backup] Snapshot Mode Progress

Mike Bydalek boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:16:05 -0700

Finally upgraded to .10, and so far so good.

I do have a general question regarding the way snapshots are handled
when doing a backup.  Currently, you just run 'bbackupctl sync' and the
daemon starts the backup.

Well, when doing backups, I *really* like knowing the progress and what
the backup is doing.  I don't believe there is a way to do it now, but
can I put a request in that when running the 'bbackupctl sync' in
snapshot mode to have the ability to display the progress and/or not
terminate until finished.

Basically I would like to do this for running post-backup scripts.  For
example, I'm paranoid and want to be notified with a list of a files
changed, the time it took, the total data transferred, etc.

Thanks,
Mike