[Box Backup] How to fix compare errors???

Magnus Homann boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:45:38 +0200

Chris Wilson wrote:

>> Yes, it is. I wouldn't be surpised if there was some disk errors
>> behind all this.
>
> Do you suspect disk errors on the machine?

Iäve had disk troubles before, but now this is a new disk.

>> Would it be very difficult to do add a command that finds the
>> offending files and restoring them? It seems to me that bit errors in
>> the store would not be repaired otherwise?
>
> Why would you want to restore a damaged backup over your perfectly good
> working files? Bit errors in the store should be fixed during the next
> backup of the file, which will not occur until it's modified again.

Sorry, that would be re-store, i.e uploading it again TO the backup
store, regardless of bbackpd thinks it's already OK or not. :-)