[Box Backup] Generating private key, certificate request on Windows, bbackupd-config

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Chris,

:^)  Yeah, no, I would just take the meaty command lines out (no
environment or error checking, no directory or config file or
notifyscript creation, no instructions to the user, etc.).  Maybe just
install one of the openssl binaries and then run these in a windows
batch file:

openssl genrsa -out $private_key 2048
openssl req -new -key $private_key -sha1 -out $certificate_request
openssl rand -out $enc_key_file 1024

Does that make sense?

Great to hear about boxi!  I can't wait to test it.

Thanks Chris,
Pete