[Box Backup] New win32 build available

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 01:14:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all, especially Gary, Pascal and Peter,

I've released a new build for Box Backup for Win32 which, I hope, corrects
some of the issues reported by you. I'd be grateful if you could test it,
and verify whether these issues are now fixed:

- Unable to cd into a remote directory with international chars in the
   name (reported by Gary)
- "bbackupctl reload" caused the backup daemon to lock up (reported by
   Pascal Lalonde)
- Newly created files were not backed up for MinimumFileAge + 5 hours when
   running in a timezone 5 hours behind UTC (reported by Peter Jalajas)
- bbackupquery compare -a didn't work at all (reported by Peter Jalajas)
- Unable to force a sync during the error holdoff period after a sync was
   aborted due to an exception

You can find it at:
[http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-0.09_plus2_vc2005fix_r434-backup-client-mingw32.zip]

Please note that this is NOT a release candidate, since there are still
outstanding bugs, particularly with SSL keepalives, and possibly backups
of files inside folders with international characters in their names
(reported by Gary).

However, I do believe that this is the best Win32 build yet.

Thank you all for your hard work in testing the previous builds and
reporting problems!