[Box Backup] Danish and other special chars
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:23:49 +0000 (GMT)
Sorry, I've not been able to reproduce these issues:
- A FILE with non-English characters INSIDE A FOLDER with non-English
characters does not get backed up, no mention of it in the upload log.
- A INTL folder gets backed up, but no files inside it get backed up (be
it NATIVE or INTL files, all contents skipped).
- A NATIVE folder gets backed up, but if it contains INTL files, none of
its contents will be backed up (be it NATIVE or INTL files, all contents
I tested all three, with INTL being files containing the Danish characters
æ ø å, and was not able to reproduce any of them.
I'm going to need more information from you:
- Did you definitely wait long enough for MaxUploadWait to expire?
(remembering that newly created directories are backed up immediately,
but the files inside them are not backed up until they reach
MinimumFileAge or MaxUploadWait).
- Can you try with a minimal configuration, e.g. removing all excludes?
- Can you send me the files, replacing their contents with dummy data if
necessary, so that I can get the filenames and directory structures that
Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have to debug these three issues yourself.
Using VS2K5 to do that should be fine.
_ ___ __ _
/ __/ / ,__(_)_ | Chris Wilson <0000 at qwirx.com> - Cambs UK |
/ (_/ ,\/ _/ /_ \ | Security/C/C++/Java/Perl/SQL/HTML Developer |
\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU-free your mind-and your software |