[Box Backup] Version 0.10 released
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:45:30 +0000
The Box Backup developers have just released Box Backup 0.10.
* Optimised diffing algorithm -- massive speed improvements
* Improved diff timeout
* Bug fixes
* Solaris support
* Portability improvements, including new autoconf based build
* xattr support (on Linux and Darwin -- backs up resource forks under
Mac OS X)
* Readline usage clarified for licensing.
Experimental features (no automated test exists)
* Keep-alive on long diffing operations
* Save state for non-server use, speeds up first sync after bbackupd
starts (not enabled by default)
* Native win32 port integrated into main source tree, fixes and
* Support for MinGW and MSVC under Win32
NOTE: Features are marked as experimental if no automated test
exists. However, the developers have been running them on live
systems. Win32 support is not totally complete.
The Development Team for 0.10 is Martin Ebourne, Nick Knight,
Jonathan Morton, Gary Niemcewicz, Ben Summers, Chris Wilson.
James O'Gorman, Peter Jalajas, Charles Lecklider, Stefan Norlin, Per
Thomsen assisted with lots of testing and the occasional patch. (I
hope I've listed everyone who should be listed.)
Windows support is still in development. The next release will tidy
this up and make Windows a fully supported platform.
On a personal note, I would like to express my gratitude to the
developers who have come on board for this release and done all the
hard work. I am looking forward to the continued success of the project!