[Box Backup] Call for Participants: Box Documentation...

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:29:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Per,

Thanks for leading the charge.   Please sign me up.

I'm particularly interested in Windows clients, Exclusions/Regex
tricks, windows client test scripts, and server side scripts to monitor
store health and activity.

Thanks again,
Pete

---
To perhaps start a discussion, and tease out better ways:

Here's a windows client regex trick to pick up just a couple of files
in a sea of files and subdirectories:

	CINTUITQBBACKUPS
	{
		Path = C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Pro
		ExcludeDirsRegex = .*
		ExcludeFilesRegex = .*
		AlwaysIncludeFilesRegex = .+\.[qQ][bB][bB]
	}

Gosh, I haven't tried it, but, if needed, can I just put a single
filename in the Path?!  Like so?:

Path = C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Pro\AutoBackupCompanyName.QBB

---
Here's the output of a server-side script that emails clients with
their store status at midnight every night:

Good Morning,

This is your Tebuco, Inc. Daily Backup Report.

If you have any questions, please contact us at backups@tebucoxyz.com.
(Please do not reply to this email because it comes directly from our
unattended storage server.)

Thank you very much for using the Tebuco, Inc. Backup Service.  Please
forward this to a friend!

Sleep well...

Sincerely,
E.W. Peter Jalajas
Cell:  978-495-xxxx

Report Timestamp:  Fri Feb 24 22:16:05 EST 2006.

Your Account Number, Account Name, Storage Quota, Email Address(es):
00000012	xxx	1000M	xxxx@aol.com,xx@xxxxx.com,backups@tebucoxyz.com

Store account checked, no errors found.

                  Account ID: 00000012
              Last object ID: 16411
                 Blocks used: 51727 (202.06Mb)
    Blocks used by old files: 10481 (40.94Mb)
Blocks used by deleted files: 4489 (17.54Mb)
  Blocks used by directories: 333 (1.30Mb)
            Block soft limit: 256000 (1000.00Mb)
            Block hard limit: 281600 (1100.00Mb)
         Client store marker: 1140808492000000

Total size of your files safely backed up with Tebuco: 204M

Total number of your files safely backed up with Tebuco: 16478

Number of your files changed in our storage during the following time
periods:
0-2h	2-4h	4-8h	8-12hr	0.5-1d	1-2d	2-4d	4-8d	8+days
1	20	0	121	0	12977	0	62	3297

(Please note that the numbers above include a few backup system
overhead files.  Please also note that a delay of up to a few hours
exists between the time you edit a file and the time that change is
reflected in the numbers above.)