[Box Backup] bbackupquery.exe issues, native windows client boxwin0.09h.exe

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:35:04 -0800

On 1/13/06 10:59 PM, E.W. Peter Jalajas wrote:
> Issue 1) Is it my ignorance, or something with my environment, or is
> there something up with the bbackupquery.exe list timestamps?
> (Listings below heavily snipped.)
>
> Note how I put timestamps in my test filenames (and added the parens
> after the "thumbs" test files).  The boxwin query listing seems to
> report the timestamp as exactly the correct day and minute, but 10
> hours in the future (or 14 hours in the past?).
>
> >From client (WinXP Home):
> bbackupquery.exe
> query > list -odts test
> 00000039 f----- 2006-01-13T22:01:04 00001 2006-01-13T1201.txt
> 0000003e f----- 2006-01-13T21:11:41 00001 junk_2006-01-13T1111.bkx
> 0000003f f----- 2006-01-13T21:51:59 00001 thumbs.db (saved 11:51 a.m.)
> 00000040 f----- 2006-01-13T21:52:28 00001 thumbsx.db (saved 11:52 a.m.)

I'm pretty sure the time stamps in bbackupquery are UTC, so you must be
10 hours west of Greenwich. That is why you're seeing this difference.

Might be a good enhancement to be able to set a time zone from within
bbackupquery. Would make it easier to check file dates against your
client machine.
> Issue 2)
> bbackupquery.exe "list test" quit
> works fine, but:
> C:\PROGRA~1\BOXBAC~1>bbackupquery.exe "list -odtsr test" quit
> Exception: invalid string position
> C:\PROGRA~1\BOXBAC~1>bbackupquery.exe "list -odtsr" test quit
> Exception: invalid string position
> C:\PROGRA~1\BOXBAC~1>bbackupquery.exe "list -odtsr test quit"
> Exception: <UNKNOWN>
> C:\PROGRA~1\BOXBAC~1>bbackupquery.exe "list -t test" quit
> Exception: invalid string position
>
> This works fine on my linux (ubuntu breezy) client, and I use it
> frequently to make sure my daily work is making it off my old laptop:
> $ sudo /usr/local/bin/bbackupquery "list -odtrs test" quit | grep
> 2006-01-12 # good one
> 0000145b f----- 2006-01-12T17:11:04 00002 ops/TebucoEnvelope.odt
> 00001459 f----- 2006-01-12T15:13:00 00222
> fin/gnucash/GnuCash3.20060112101300.xac

Seems like a bug in the Windows client (or maybe in cmd.exe)... Can you
issue the 'list -odtsr test' command from within bbackupquery.exe?

I'm guessing here, but I think the problem is with the dash '-'... Don't
have a Windows box here to check with...

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561