[Box Backup] First official Win32 release

Mikael Syska boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:25:31 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:

> Dear Box Backup users,
>
> I'm pleased and proud to announce the very first official prerelease
> of Box Backup 0.10 for Windows (native build).
>
> This is a PRERELEASE, intended ONLY for users who are interested in
> testing it and giving feedback. The version number is
> 0.10_rc0.1_win32, which means that this is similar to what will become
> Box Backup 0.10, is not yet a release candidate (RC0), and contains
> fixes specific to Windows.
> <snip>
>
> Full credit for the port goes to Nick Knight, but I take
> responsibility for any bugs, errors or omissions. If it doesn't work
> for you, please bug me and not Nick.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Hey,

Just installed, and tested it. No problems what so ever yet.

With the last version ( Nicks ) I had problems with the transfer rate,
dont know if it was the server or client, but with this release, I could
transfer with 3.5 M/sec.

Running Windows XP sp2, if that to any use.

Thanks again, I will report any bugs if I find any :-)

// ouT