[Box Backup] First official Win32 release

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:30:54 +0000

On 27 Jan 2006, at 22:28, Gary wrote:

> Chris,
>
>> I can create another branch with the save state
>> patch applied, for
>> inspection and hopefully merging if you like.
>
> Plase do, I will be able to head and change the non-standard
> operator stuff to match the rest of
> the sources.
>
>> Is it required for 0.10? And when will we have an official release
>> candidate? :-)
>
> It's a nice addition, since after a backup client restart remote
> folder information is immediately
> available, thus reducing download info time and speeing up scan
> time very significantly.

Yes, it makes running it on a workstation, laptop, or anything non-
server a lot more efficient. Box Backup was always intended for my
own purposes, which were solely for always on servers. This is a very
useful extra feature.

Ben